 Dear LEGO / 232
231  |  233
Subject:
The LEGO Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:33:56 GMT

Dear LEGO,

  I can understand the LEGO Groups desire to protect their logo and to
prevent confusion on the internet. The first LEGO fan site I visited
some six years ago used the LEGO Logo, and being new to the internet I
mistook the site for an official LEGO site for a few minutes. However,
the biggest asset LEGO has is its near fanatical user base. With cheap
knockoff bricks available LEGO need to demonstrate that the quality of
LEGO Bricks keeps children playing with LEGO well into chronological
adulthood. One way LEGO could support users and promote themselves would
be to create a "made with LEGO logo" for people to use proudly on their
websites similar to the "Made with Macintosh" logo that Apple Computer
gives to Web developers to bolster the Macintosh platform. The "Made
with Macintosh" signs feature the Apple Logo along with the words "Made
with Macintosh" or "Made on a Mac".  These signs do not cause any
comfusion on the internet. When people se these signs they know that the
person that created the page is endorsing Macintosh computers because
they work well. The signs do not cause anyone to think that Apple
Computer has anything to do with the site. A sign that says Made with
LEGO Bricks would make many of us extremely happy. I would love to show
you a simple idea, but I cannot use the LEGO Logo and I cannot place
imiages on this site.

Thank you,
Christopher Masi