 Dear LEGO / 2245
Re: Lego has gotten 'CHEAP'?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 21:06:39 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, David M. Jones writes:
I has been my experience that TLC, of late, has gotten cheap.  I recently
bought 6464, among other newer Town sets, and found that TLC no longer, or
rarely, uses the 1x3 doors for the vehicles (PartsRef 3821 3822).  This is
upsetting, as my minifigs now have to "Dukes of Hazard"-it to enter their
vehicles.  That's just one of the many things I have noticed Lego "skimping"
on.  Does anyone (LEGO) have any idea when this started happening, why it
started happening, or if it will continue forever?
It started in 1997.  It is known here as "juniorizing," and everyone here
hates it.  It is thought it started because kids started to get lazy, and
wanted something they could play with sooner than a decent set.  We here are
hoping it will not go on forever, but we don't know.
Alan
Very disappointed Lego.
As a long time fan, I now work for a prominent nation Toy-Store, and
recommend your products on a DAILY basis. I'm known around our store as "The
Lego King".  They have also started using 1x2 45 transparent slopes for
lights atop fire engines, police cars, etc.  I preferred the 2x 1x2 trans
plates in square and round for lights.  Come on Lego, can it really cost
THAT much more to produce these tiny parts?

Thanks,
David M. Jones
dave@e-daveREMOVE.net - Remove REMOVE before sending.
www.e-dave.net