 Dear LEGO / 2062
Re: Ordering from S@H (From Canada)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:50:49 GMT

Last time I bought item from S@H Canada, the person asked me if I had the
latest catalog with me, because my I.D. number was printed at the back. With
that number, she found all my previous order, my address and the number of
all credit card I used there. For the rate issue, I think it depend when
S@H process your order, but I dont think a difference of 0.05% make a big hole
in your budget.;-)

Stephane...

In lugnet.dear-lego, Dean Husby writes:
I don't know about you US people but ordering from S@H has become such a
chore for us Canadians.

They don't keep your information on file. You have to jump though all
the hoops and the price they quote to you in Canadian dollars is usually
not what comes up on your credit card. (Quoted at 1.45, billed at 1.5033
exchange)

To be fair, S@H has credited me the difference in exchange rate  and
orders do arrive in a reasonable amount of time.

I just miss S@H Canada. They always had my info, and ordering took just
a couple of minutes.
So far I haven't seen any advantages to it being in the US for me. I
still get the Canadian catalog (IN US DOLLARS) that doesn't have all the
items the US one has. It must be really hard on the kids. They now have
to worry about exchange rates when saving their pennies for an item... I
know I get confused by it. I mean, it would be ok if we were getting the
full US version of the catalog. Then I could understand US pricing. But
if it's a Canada version it should be Canadian prices. LEGO claims it's
all about kids. Well the adults here have enough trouble with the
catalog let alone the kids.

Thank you for listening to my rant...

Dean & Alex - AFOL's at large
--