 Dear LEGO / 1955
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mike Stanley writes:
A bunch of asses?  How much more of this sort of beligerent junk are
you going to spew?

Hey, your mileage may vary.

And Todd, how much more are you going to put up with?

[Mommy, Mommy -- Richard won't play fair!  Make him stop, Mommy!]

ass (às) noun
plural asses (às´îz)
1. Any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and
closely related to the horses but having a smaller build and longer ears, and
including the domesticated donkey.
2. A vain, self-important, silly, or aggressively stupid person.
[Middle English asse, from Old English assa, perhaps of Celtic origin,
ultimately from Latin asinus.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition
copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from
InfoSoft International, Inc. All rights reserved.

Looks like Middle English to me -- and I didn't call you anything, Mike.  But
if you like to think of yourself as an "elite have" and an ass, feel free to
do so.

And I have seen this word used here before without rebuke from Todd.

-- Richard