 Dear LEGO / 1926
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:52:23 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
Well, I see how you would want them to post here about what is for sale, but
then people who didn't know about Lugnet could complain just as much as you
did.  They called more than one person.  If they called 10 times as many
people and still not you, would you be happier?  Posting on Lugnet, by your
explanation, would be unfair to the RTL crowd and posting on their website
would be unfair to those off-line.  The distribution of information is tough.
It is almost impossible to spread it evenly and at the same time to everyone.

They should post here, there, everywhere, and then put it in as an insert to
the catalog (I had made a list of possibilities, please don't try to suggest
that my model was exclusionary) -- anywhere anyone can access the info.

Richard,

You're kidding, right?  We're talking about a *very* limited quantity of
sets.  Catalog inserts?  Those cost money and take plenty of time to make
and stuff into the catalogs - and by the time they get out, the sets will
probably be gone!  Websites and postings - they have to pay people to do
those.

Which is cheaper: paying someone to make 4 or 5 phone calls to sell a big
chunk of product in one go, or paying a web designer, someone to post the
specials, a printer, a layout artist...you get the idea.  It doesn't make
any economic sense to do all that - it would eat up any profit that TLC
(or the store, whichever) could possibly make on those sets.