 Dear LEGO / 1910
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:01:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:05:20 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Nebula Outposts are not worth much to the GP. They are to me, I need them for
something I'm building.

And they really _weren't_ worth much to the GP - otherwise there
wouldn't be any left.  I wouldn't have been able to pick up a ton of
them at half price, both at Wal-Mart AND S@H (many times they were on
sale for cheap).

Please, people, you're upset that something you passed on again and
again at Wal-Mart or S@H (some as low as half price) were sold at
probably MORE than half price over the phone to a couple people.  I
got my Nebula Outposts a couple years ago.  Still have lots of parts
from about 10 of them.  You could have gotten yours, just like all the
other "fans" out there.  Weren't out of your dark ages then?  Tough, I
wasn't out of mine when 6071 and 6067 were selling for retail either.

Let's repeat, see if you can keep up this time... The cost to TLC of selling a
bunch of stuff to one person is much less than the cost to sell one item each
to a bunch of people. You can wish that away all you want, just like you can
wish for 24 cent gas. But wishes won't repeal cause and effect.

Rant all you want, but TLC makes more money selling to me than to you. So it's
in their interest to do so. If you don't like it, tough.

This seems so obvious to me.  This is why I, as an individual, sell
parts in bulk rather than by the piece now.  I know I'm limiting my
market by doing that (not everyone needs 180 black 1x2 plates at once)
but I like it that way.  Instead of dealing with 100 buyers I have a
nice core group of 10-15.  Easier to keep records, easier to ship
things, easier to manage e-mail.

TLC isn't allowed the same luxury when dumping products the GP voted
against at full retail?

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html