 Dear LEGO / 1692
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:07:05 GMT

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Gary Istok (<38BBF30F.5B5ABBE@umich.edu>) wrote at
16:25:52

I mean you might get 20 people that each want 1,000 train windows (for a total
of
20,000 pieces).  But then you might have 80 people that all want large technic
wheels, but they each only want 20 (for a total of 1,600 technic wheels).

So which group do we please with the first "special" order?  Do we say what
piece
do you want the most of?  Or do we say everyone has one vote, no matter how few
pieces you want?

From a commercial pov, the overheads on distributing to 20 people have
got to be less than doing it for 80, so I know what I'd be tempted to
do.

But then again, if you're trying to build your customer base, you'd go
the other way.

Given that different people have different themes of interest, perhaps
voting should be by theme?

Hmmm. That won't work. Perhaps initially, theme-specific parts should be
excluded, in keeping with what LD is proposing to offer. After all, Brad
is talking about 'special' in relation to standard bricks, so even
ordinary medium slopes might come into this category.
--
Tony Priestman