 Dear LEGO / 1688
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:34:20 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gary R. Istok writes:
<snip
2x2 windows - great for making skyscrapers
In windows packs

Yes but to paraphrase a famous quote, "you can have it in any color, as long
as it is red".
Also, the current window packs (both regular and Dacta) are top heavy in
doors. I would love to order 1000 in each of the production colors:  blue,
yellow, white, red.

I would agree that just to get a few 2x2 windows the Dacta and service packs
are not the way to go.  I actually bought 2 of the Dacta packs mostly for the
1x4x3 windows so I lucked out and got the 2x2's at the same time although now I
have more red doors then I know what to do with.

I would love to get both 2x2 and 1x4x3 windows in any color along with mullions
and shutters in any color.  I would also like if they brought back the shutters
for the classic windows.  The most important thing is to get 1000 windows
without having to get 250 doors.

UNLESS we could get better doors.  The 1x4x6 door frames and doors (used
in the McDonald's Restaurant) would be very nice to have, IMHO.

Remember these can be used in multiples:  4  could make a 1x4x4 window, 6
could make a 1x4x6 or a 1x6x4.  These are very useful in mullioned
(multi-pane) windows.

YES!! As a fortunate consequence of having all those 2x2 windows from the
service packs I was able to add some variety to my Inn.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/inn/

I found lots of uses for them including a 1x6x4 window a 1x8x2 window and the
dormers.

These are great windows I still have a few in white from the 70's but about
half have lost their glass probably thanks to rough play when I was a child.

<snip>
corner slopes, especially low and steep slopes (rare in all sets)
The 3x3 corner slopes Gary?  I think they are in blue in one of the current
castles (Todd?).

Yes, but look at the price you have to pay just to get 4 or 16 of these, if
that is all you want.  And then there are the black and red ones.

Ahh, But just think of all those 1x2x5 DkGray Bricks that you get as an added
bonus! :-) (sarcasm intended).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/