 Dear LEGO / 1666
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:59:57 GMT

Comments below - Gary Istok

James Powell wrote:

We need to limit our "wants list" to bricks in sizes and colors which are • currently
*in* production.

clear slopes - rare in most any set

Yep, in the 4291 bucket, has a 2x2 clear slope brick

Some sets in the 1960's had over 100 clear bricks!!!!

2x2 windows - great for making skyscrapers
In windows packs

Yes but to paraphrase a famous quote, "you can have it in any color, as long as it
is red".
Also, the current window packs (both regular and Dacta) are top heavy in doors.
I would love to order 1000 in each of the production colors:  blue, yellow, white,
red.
Remember these can be used in multiples:  4  could make a 1x4x4 window, 6 could
make a 1x4x6 or a 1x6x4.  These are very useful in mullioned (multi-pane) windows.

(1x4x5 or 1x4x6 are too large for skyscrapers)
I'd rather 1x4x3 myself :)  1x4x6 are good for MF scale buildings.

I agree, 1x4x3 is probably the ideal.

tiles - in certain sizes and colors,
Current Production (at least, I hope!)

But never in any great quantity.  The demand for these in white is.... well just
look at the Auczilla prices for these!!

corner slopes, especially low and steep slopes (rare in all sets)
The 3x3 corner slopes Gary?  I think they are in blue in one of the current
castles (Todd?).

Yes, but look at the price you have to pay just to get 4 or 16 of these, if that is
all you want.  And then there are the black and red ones.

2x2 rounds
Red, Dk Gray are around for sure, I would imagine not hard to find/get

White!  That is the color that is in most demand.  Especially for Architectural
uses (columns, collonades, Greco-Roman temples).

train windows and window glass.
Yep.  Even if just the window glass is made available through L@D, since the
frames are going to be available out of the football vans.  I'd like to see the
frames also available from L@D, but I could manage without them, if it would
mean we would get the 2x windows as well.

I will put down, that if train windows were available, I would buy _at least_
500 windows provided they cost less than $1 USD each.  I would imagine that I
would not be the only one who sought quantities like that, provided doors were
also available, and that both 2 and 4 long windows were available.  At 8
windows each for my 3 axle coaches, and more like 14 on a full length coach,
that still isn't all that many windows :)

James Powell