 Dear LEGO / 1531
1530  |  1532
Subject:
DACTA....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 14:43:06 GMT

Dear LEGO,

My wife is a fifth grade teacher. A few days ago I went to see a hands on
DACTA machines presentation given by the local science museum. As he was
leaving (and me grovelling to get him to hire me) we talked about where he
purchases the DACTA. I wanted this information because I think that my
wife's classroom would benefit from having it's own sets. He told me that
teachers and 'the public' all buy for the same price through Pitsco. That
LEGO itself no longer helps him in any way when it comes down to DACTA. Why
is this? Is this some new way of making more money? No offense - I am not
stupid to the ways of finance, but TLG was always praised for its hand in
education.
Also, I saw this man throw away three or four pieces that were found broken
by the kids. I tried to tell him that he could call LEGO consumer affairs
and they would replace them. He said he has tried repeatedly - but they
always refer him to Pitsco - who will never follow through with anything
unless he pays for the broken pieces. Now maybe I am ignorant to the ways of
the 'new' LEGO, but I was always under the impression that you stood by the
quality of your product over everything else. I have nothing against Pitsco,
but it seems that they are not holding up the usual LEGO tradition.
I hope that you continue to have a (strong) hand in the education field,
don't get me wrong. However, I wish YOU would handle it  - or have Pitsco
(or any other company) handle it in the good old fashioned 'LEGO' manner
that we have all come to know and love. Discounts for in-classroom use (from
Kindergarden to Graduate school). Replacements for broken, damaged, or
missing parts. Basically - treat this 'arm' of the LEGO company (DACTA) like
all the rest are being treated.
I have always thought that LEGO is one of the best companies(especially toy
companies) when it comes to customer service. It seems now that you may have
'hired' a company to handle one of the most important lines that you
produce - and maybe: a) they need some reorganizing when it comes to the
handling of LEGO DACTA affairs, or b) Another company (or LEGO itself) needs
to be put in charge of this project.
Thanks for at least listening to my rant - I hope it leaves some sort of
mark...
Gene C. Weissinger
AKA: EugweCoral
Eugwecoral@mindspring.com