 Database / Set Inventories / 919
Re: The peeron search engine is just too powerful
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 02:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Hakan Tandogan writes:
       That being said, would it be possible to distribute the
inventory data? I'd like to set up my own inventory database
inside my home network which isn't always connected to the 'net
(besides, my connection speed isn't the best either :-( )...

Well, the inventories there are all public data.  In a word, yes, it would be
possible to set something up.  It will not have any of the pictures, of course,
but I could set up something like

  http://peeron.com/inv/raw/8880   (not working, just an example)

that will give you the raw text file for that inventory.  Would that work?

:)

Dan