 Database / Set Inventories / 565
Re: My first post to lugnet - 6618 Blue Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 22:13:33 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Heather Wallace wrote:

Hi All

Hi, Heather!

I was unsure on how to determine the piece count for the set - how are
minifigs & their accessories counted ?

So for minifigs, the hips & legs are one piece.  The torso, arms, hands,
and head are one piece.  Hats, helmets, visors, airtanks, capes, etc. are
each one piece.

OK - based on that, I make the piece count of blue racer 23.

What is the best way to handle pieces (in this case, they were all minifig
parts) that can't be found in any database or listing (or Ldraw) ?

You did fine with this.  If the piece has a part number imprinted on it,
use that.  If it's a patterned piece, putting question marks in for the
pattern number is fine.

I'm glad I got that OK.  I'm willing to upload scans/photos of the
unidentified pieces, if anyone is interested.

If you haven't looked at www.peeron.com/inv, you should do so.  It's a
great (and growing) site, with provisional ids for many parts.

Yes, I've looked there - I hope they will incorporate my inventories (no
permission, or credit required).

Steve
Thanks for your reply