 Database / Set Inventories / 317
316  |  318
Subject:
Inventory -- 102 motor set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:52:58 GMT

One of my coworkers who has consistantly made fun of my Lego
hobby finally brought in his Lego sets for my expert appriasal :)
He wanted to know if the fact that it was in German made any difference :)
His dad was stationed in Germany at the end of the 60's and this is
one of the toys he still had.

The upshot is that I now have a nearly mint only partially opened 102 motor
set from Germany. Apparently he didnt play with it much as a child
(and I have to admit that it shows now that he is an adult!).

Now I know what you are saying--inventoring the 102 is hardly a difficult
job, and your right but so what--here it is anyway:

102 Mit dem Lego-Motor bauen (GER)
    Batterikasset med strombrytare
    Motor med hjul och ledning

1968

box: standard sleeve type with thin gray plastic vacuum-formed tray.

paper:
Instruction book 3166-Ty. 8 pages from a single folded sheet. Note that this is
a different set of instructions from those on Kevin's Brickshelf site.

Catalog 3251-ty Jan 3 1968 German catalog.

Catalog 3155. A very small German german flyer titled Wir bauen mit Lego.
This has a picture of absolutely the coolest Lego cityscape I have ever seen.

Warranty card 3249-Ty. German warranty postcard that was placed under the
inside of the box. It fell out when I was removing the remaining cellophane.

elements:

1        blue   motor, 4.5 V, 12 x 4 x 4 block. The motor had a sticker on the
                underside warning (ACHTUNG!) of the dangers of nor properly
                alinging the tabs on the end of the axles
1        blue   battery box, 7 x 11 x 3(accepts 3 'C' batteries)
1        white  connecting leads

1  3058  gray   plate, 6 x 16, with motor cutout

4  7039  red    wheel, old w/ 4 studs (these had brass axles)
4  132   black  tyre, old style, smooth (note that these are black rubber not
         gray rubber)

4        red    train wheel, 4.5 V, gray rubber belts.
____

16 pieces

It is interesting to note that the motor and leads are different than the ones
found in the Samsonite 107 Reversable Power Unit.