 Database / Set Inventories / 1413
Re: Problem loading Peeron Inv into Parts Catalog 0.0.14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:26:49 GMT

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:59:18AM +0000, William Howard wrote:
Has something changed with the Peeron web page format as I'm having problems
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/9748-1 into Parts Catalog 0.0.14

I'm sure this used to work when the url was
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/9748 so I'm wondering if something has been
added/removed from the HTML that causes the Parts Catalog parser to mis-behave?

I'm seeing one of two problems, randomly.  Either Parts Catalog 'hangs' and
has to be terminated from Task Manager, or I get pieces of HTML tags in the
parts table.

Ideas?

yes, the format of the web page has changes - the bag info column is no
longer displayed (though the information is still there).  I might
make it some sort of preference, "show bag info:  always, when
available, never" - but for not, it's "never".

there is always a risk when you try to parse html pages - they don't
often stay the same!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com