 Database / Set Inventories / 1247
Re: Parts Catalog - Inventory program version 0.0.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:48:48 GMT

Thanks for all the work you've done.  I've now done three inventories using
the program and it's been a great help.  I figured I'd continue to chip in
with observations.

- Although you can now add two of the same part with different notes without
them being combined, if you save the inventory and re-open it, they are
combined again.  The add works, but if you open the inventory the problem
still exists.

- It would be nice if you could re-arrange the order of the columns in the
bottom grid in addition to re-sizing them.

- When you delete an item or start a new inventory, the information area at
the right still displays the deleted item's info.

- Keyboard shortcuts would be nice for a lot of these commands.  (Using the
delete key to delete items from the grid rather than having to click on the
"Delete" button, e.g.)

- Being able to select multiple items in the grid to delete would be a
timesaver.

- I definately like the idea of being able to print a nicely formatted
inventory.  It might also be nice to be able to generate a Peeron-like web
page from an inventory.

Thanks for a great program.

Samuel Christiansen

In lugnet.db.inv, Bob Kojima writes:
version 0.0.8 is now up here are the changes.  all these changes were made
because of your suggestions!