 Database / Set Inventories / 1175
Re: New inventory Program Parts Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:39:25 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Bob Kojima writes:
Hi,

The inventoryies i just posted were made using a new inventory program that
i am developing.  i'm looking for beta testers so if you would like to
download and give my program a try you can get it here:
http://www.fial.com/bob/partscatalog/

here is a short description of Parts Catalog.  please read the readme.txt
file for more information.

About:

   Parts Catalog is a program used to inventory your collection of Lego
parts.  The main goal is to
   be able to check 2 list to see which parts are missing.  To build your
list you could just download
   certified list of Lego sets and Combine the list.  Then add any single
parts that may not be from a set.

Features:

    - Make and save your own inventory list
    - Combine and save list
    - Sort parts by Part Number, Description, Color, or Count
    - View an image of the part (if an image is available)
    - Compare 2 list to see which parts are missing.
    - Make an inventory list from Ldraw files.
    - Export a list in the Peeron (.prn) format

Plese download Parts Catalog and give it a try.  Please let me know of any
features or changes that need to be made.

Bob, as I understand the program, it looks like it is working fine. I am
loving the idea! I would, however, love to get a better picture of what your
goals for this project are, and how the program actually works. Will you be
able to download all peeron.com inventories? If so, I like the program!

My only issue I see (at the initial first glance) is the interface design
might need some improvement. I will try to email you with comments later.

Good work! Keep going!

Jake
---

Jake McKee