 Database / Set Inventories / 1002
Re: Inventory update on Peeron.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 06:24:26 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Dan Boger writes:
Geoff Gray wrote:

We've also added a number of new features, such as search results with • pictures,
Lost Elements section, and Theme tree browsing.

Site looks awesome.  One question though.  What constitutes a "Lost • Element?"

"Lost Elements" are parts that we have pictures for, but we don't know what
sets they are in.  In a lot of cases, it might be because we just don't have an
inventory for a particular set, but in some cases, we _do_ have that part
mentioned in a set, but don't know it.  So we put up that list, so people can
look through, and say "Part number xxx is in set yyy"...

As we add sets and pictures, that list will change - parts will "find a home", • while others come to take their place.

:)

Dan

These pieces could also be called  ORPHANS

At least that is what I think of calling pieces that have no home.

Just a thought....

__Kevin Salm__

.