 Database / Brictionary / 269
Re: What's the Basplate in 928?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:14:58 GMT

In lugnet.db.brictionary, Thomas Garrison writes:
I'm confused.  Looking at the instruction scans, it appears that the
baseplate in 928, 497, 306, and 454 is
but then where does this baseplate appear
? (Yes, Peeron has problems here. . .working on that. . .)

Is this one of those dread cases when the same set has different parts
over its lifetime?

Looks like the case. Upon getting home I checked:

#1 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=130965
#2 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=130966
#3 http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/6099p03.gif

#1: 1979 - 1980 or 1981?
#2: 1981 or 1982? - 1983
#3: 1983 - 1990

- Brickshelf scans of the 1979 catalog show 454 with baseplate #1, and it
looks like the scanned set top on Lugnet also shows baseplate #1.

- The scanned instructions for both 497 and 928 on Brickshelf show baseplate
#1, and appear to have a copyright of 1979.

- The Brickshelf scan of the 1980 US catalog shows 497 with baseplate #1,
and 454 with either #1 or #2 (hard to tell), and the European catalog shows
454 with #1...

- My 1982 US catalog shows set 454, with baseplate #2. It also shows the 497
(assumedly) in a diorama *also* with baseplate #2.

- The Brickshelf scan of the 1983 UK catalog appears to show baseplate #2
with set 306

- The Brickshelf scan of 6980 appears to show baseplate #3, with copyright 1983

- My 1984 and 1985 US catalogs show baseplate #3 as coming with the 6980,
AND with 454.

- The Brickshelf scan of the 1984 'nl' catalog seems to show 306 with
baseplate #3

- My 1986 through 1990 US catalogs show set 454 all with baseplate #3, but
not in any other sets (although periodically they show up in various dioramas)

DaveE