 Database / Brictionary / 193
192  |  194
Subject:
Variant Pieces or Sloppy Printing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:45:56 GMT

As I was looking through my new Winged Keys I
immediately noticed that the Hogwarts' uniforms were different for the
different characters.  One has a red stripe on the tie on the left, and
the other has the stripe on the right.[1]  Okay, fine.  Then I opened
Snape's Classroom and discovered another, slightly different
placement for the stripe.  Also, the "Ron" head in this set has only one
freckle on each cheek, and eyebrows that are raised well above both eyes,
while the "Ron" head in the other set had many freckles and a right
eyebrow close to the eye.
So the question is, are these similar parts that have deliberately
different printing, or are they all supposed to be the same patterns?

TWS Garrison
tgarriso@math.purdue.edu
   http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/

[1] The instructions picture two identical torsos, but then the
instructions also picture a cape with stars in the lower left hand corner,
not a bit ugly copyright symbol. . .