 Database / Brictionary / 134
Re: Part 6072
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:33:02 GMT

ok, we changed ours to match that (it won't appear on the web site until
i update it there though, which will be later, i'm busying inventorying
the 5571 right now, so whenever i finish that).

not to be whatever, but i'm not a big fan of ampersands... or w/'s for
that matter, but i'll live :) and since it matches the other one, i can
handle it.

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.db.brictionary, Dan Boger wrote:

In article <GAEuD9.2us@lugnet.com>, TWS Garrison wrote:
I just noticed that part 6072 (according to Peeron) has a really bad name right
now:  Crenelations 7 x 7.  Now, I really hate this piece, but it's been around
for eight years now and I would have had no idea what it was if I didn't own
set 6076.  Does anyone have a better name?  For that matter, could anyone take
a picture for Peeron, so people other than me would know about this part?

heh, good point - I had no idea what this part was, had to look up the
instructions on brickshelf, then dig up the part to make sure it was
indeed that number.  Took a picture and will put it up in a few minutes...
As for the name change, I'm open to suggestions... :)

I'll mostly agree with Clark and Heather.  For LDraw-ish-ness, I'd go with
"Castle Turret  7 x  7 x  2 & 1/3 Quarter".

If this part is ever modeled in LDraw, it's likely the existing part,
<http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6066>, would be renamed to
"Castle Turret  4 x  8 x  2 & 1/3 Top", to better match existing standards
of organizing names by "category", "general id", "size", "specific
description".

Steve