 Database / Brictionary / *62 (-5)
  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Speaking of which... I just posted my wants list. I want hundreds of most of the items on it. Someone pointed out to me that if I could tell of sets that had large quantities of the parts I might get better responses. Given the current state (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

One thing I noticed with the DAT explorer is that POV rendered images look _MUCH_ better with the lossless PNG format thatn with JPEG. Perhaps appropriate use of the JPEG smoothing function would help the the tests I did looked bad even at 100% (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) IMHO, the best thing is having both (a) super-quick-loading GIFs and (b) high-quality POV JPEGs, and then letting the user decide which one to view. A while back, someone even suggested having spinning/rotating POV-rendered images for each (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.ray)

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:FM32ur.BwF@lugnet.com... (...) I agree. Some parts--especially those with lots of rounded surfaces--can be hard to make out in LDraw. POVRAY works much better for these parts (and for decorated (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Cool! (...) Is there any desire to have povray rendered images for each part? I still think that would be cool, even though the ldraw versions are more useful for some things. It would also be nice to be able to either: 1. have all parts (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact