 Dacta / 13
Re: Dacta Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:10:10 GMT

I didn't know that Dacta had special storage bins that you could buy separately
(and empty) -- is there a website where I can take a look at these?

I know a fourth grade teacher who had a critical mass of simple machines and
other kits in the red plastic trays.  She got rid of the clear plastic inserts
that organizes all of the pieces exactly (as if), and make each tray a
repository of pieces, i.e. wheels in one red tray, gears in another, etc.  This
is a great solution without having to buy dacta or third-party storage stuff.

Personally I have ZAG stackable storage units from home depot in my office.  The
Media Lab used to have wall-hangable AkRO-MILS bins, and these are the bins that
we bought for the middle school and high school in Weston, MA.  The Media Lab
now uses clear plastic pull-down drawer-like storage units, also from home
depot.  I had tried these units before i went with the ZAG.  I didn't like them
because if a drawer dropped it shattered into pieces, whereas the ZAG units were
pretty sturdy.

-Ben

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Due to the cost of these, I've not had any experience with them.  I think
tha tyou'd be better served with cheaper non-lego storage boxes.

Just my thoughts though...

Troy

Asher Kobin <asherk@pobox.com> wrote in message
I was thinking of buying some of the Dacta storage bins.  Does anyone have • an
experience/comments on these?

Thanks,
Asher