 Dacta / 110
Re: Lego Soft false advertisement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:53:34 GMT

In lugnet.dacta, Hao-yang Wang writes:
Having had actually built something out of Lego Soft, now I have a strong
doubt on the feasibility of the brick-girl shown in the 9021 picture
<http://www.constructiontoys.com/products/lego/dacta/soft/>

There is no way that the corner pieces in the hair and the skirt of the girl
can stay there, since the soft bricks do not lock up with each others. They
must have been glued together.

Well, I should not have made a fool out of myself, by making such claims
without carrying out the experiment myself. Sorry.

If you adjust the bricks *carefully* (i.e., not just stack them up, but also
shift them left and right a bit to tighten up certain gaps), you can keep a 2x2
brick up in the air like that. Still, this construction is quite fragile.

Subtle, subtle... Lego Soft is, after all, *soft*.

Cheers,
Hao-yang W