 Color / 844
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:18:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I will NOT sign that letter. Feel free to send along the following though;

Dear Lego company, I too am an AFOL, and the above letter may let you believe
that ALL AFOLs' feel this way. This is not so. I for one do agree with the
statement that many AFOLs' wish Lego would bring the old grays and brown back,
but certainly I do not agree to signing a letter that does not reflect my
feelings as for me it is too strong-worded, and in which its' undertone I detect
hostility and disrespect. Many aspects of my hobby are indeed affected by the
new colors, regarding sorting, building, accumulation of bricks, etc, but I
truely feel this is not an issue I would consider downscaling let alone quitting
my passion for. On the other hand, the new colors did not increase my passion
either. For me, the recent statements of less colours in general, and less molds
in general by your company is much, much more positive than the color change was
a potential negative. Less colors/molds pushes the builder to be more creative,
and inventive, with the pieces/colors at hand. Thus, although I certainly would
in general support fellow AFOLs that would like to have the old greys and brown
back, I will not sign the above letter as I only agree to select parts of it,
and disagree with other parts of it. In addition, unlike the general feel of the
letter in question, the color change doesn't affect my passion for the brick to
any significant extend nor has it affected my purchasing habit.

Paul Janssen, age 36 ($5K 2001, $10 K2002, $15K 2003, $20K 2004)