 Color / 558
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:10:05 GMT

It is nice to see that these colors will require review or discussion if a decision would ever be made to change them in the future. This seems like passing an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution - it can be done but would be hard to do. I like that.

I also am glad that the basic colors of black, white, red, blue, green, and yellow are on the list. Of course this doesnt prevent sets from having very similar shades of newer colors instead of using the old colors. For example, the blue with a reddish tint which is used in Knight’s Kingdom II for flags and blue bricks. Will new sets still use these traditional colors? Or will newer brighter and more colorful shades be used more frequently? I know this gets into product design, but old colors can still be around but not be used as much.

Ben E.