 Color / 535
534  |  536
Subject:
An ode to the new colours.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.fun
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 03:35:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

When I built and subsequently took apart the new X-Wing I didn't even think to
actually check whether the grays and brown were old or new.  I just assumed they
were new, like in the other new SW sets.  So into my new gray/brown tub the
pieces went!

At the last ParLUGment meeting we drafted an X-Wing and I was surprised to learn
that it actually had the old colours in it.  There was no helping it: I simply
had to sift through the tub and pull out all the old colours!  As the hours
passed and my vision (and mental state I'm sure) grew increasingly worse from
trying to distinguish new colour from old I was somehow possessed to write this.

Keep in mind the last time I wrote a poem was probably in grade school.  At
least it sort of rhymes...

Ode to the New Colours

New grays, new brown, in certain light,
it's hard to see what is the plight,
But in a MOC the difference glares,
'Mixed grays and brown! How could you dare?!'

Oh, I'm sure, I will still buy,
The LEGO sets that you supply,
Indeed with kits, as cool as this: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10152,
How, of course, could I resist?