Subject:
Jais Redwulf's journal of the expedition to the Isle of Mist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:00:47 GMT

01, November

We're loading the boat for the expedition this afternoon.  We set sail for
the Isle of Mist with the tide tonight.  After all the expeditions Oldric
and I have taken, he still has to double check to make sure I brought
everything.  You would think he would trust my planning by now.  Must be the
alchemist in him, wanting to see everything for himself.  Talsharr still
doesn't like boats, I swear the next steed I get is going to be raised on a
boat so I don't have to put up with this.  Who am I kidding though, I'd
never go on an expedition without Talsharr.  At least Oldric's falcon Ailm
was quiet about being on the boat.

I hope I brought enough arrows, we're going to be on the Isle for many
weeks, and we'll have to hunt for our food.  I don't want to run out.  Maybe
I'll go see Artrin the fletcher before we cast off and buy a two or three
more scores of arrows.  I figure you can never have too much armament when
going into unknown territory.  Oldric will give me a hard time about it of
course, I don't think I've ever seen him bring more than his staff and a
crossbow.

I hope the notes father left me on the location of the Isle were accurate.
Since he never got a chance to go himself, he was never able to confirm his
research.  According to the notes the voyage will take about a week.  I
guess we'll find out the hard way.

Looks like the Captain is making final preperations to leave.  I better run
up and see Artrin and get those arrows.

*Pictures of Jais, Oldric, Talsharr and Ailm, along with the the Captain and
his boat will be submitted to the Castle World/Isle of Mist website by the
end of the weekend*