 Castle / Castle Organizations / 175
Re: Use of lugnet.castle.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:06:55 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
I'm wondering if lugnet.castle.org should be made into a non-postable
group. It seems to sport occasional Castle World postings which really
don't belong since lugnet.castle.org.cw exists, and not much else.

Frank "compartmentalized dork" Filz

Once it went non postable, where would discussion of a competing (to CW)
group and its early formative stage posts themselves go (prior to it getting
its own castle.org.subgroup), should such arise?

Mostly rhetorical, CW presumably has first mover. One COULD, however,
contemplate a group with a radically different charter though
(hyperrealistic modeling of real world castles and trappings rather than the
fantasy storylineish bent of CW)...

I agree that there's certainly room for more .castle.orgs. My suggestion
is that the point at which someone wants to start such a suggestion,
they just ask for lugnet.castle.org to open for posting again.

The other option perhaps is to just get real serious about asking people
to post properly. Things seem to be getting pretty slipshod. Of course I
have a high degree of intolerance for out of place posts, I just usually
am not vocal...

Some pet peeves of mine:

lugnet.general

posting to one group with follow-ups to another (if the post belongs in
either place at all, it certainly can be in both places initially - this
especially applies to the lugnet.announce hierarchy. If you just post
your castle creation to lugnet.announce.moc, I may or may not see it,
and when I get back to updating my links pages, your creation might not
get linked if I didn't happen to leave one of the replies "unread").

lunet.lego and lugnet.lego.direct (there is way too much stuff there
which belongs in lugnet.dear-lego, if Brad or someone else is really
going to respond, let them reply to your lugnet.dear-lego posting
[unfortunately of course having to post directly into the appropriate
lugnet.lego group, without cross posting into lugnet.dear-lego, and
someone will get pissed that someone from TLC actually tried to respond
to their rant since the charter for lugnet.dear-lego implies that no
reply from TLC is expected]).

lugnet.trains.org has some discussion which really belongs in
lugnet.trains. Keep lugnet.trains.org for discussion of new groups, and
announcement of shows, and announcement of picture galleries from shows
and the like (though the picture galleries should be cross-posted to
lugnet.trains with follow-ups set there). Of course that's my own
selfish desires...

Frank
(whose in a whiny mood today...)