 Castle / 981
Re: How is 6082 fire breathing fortress?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 07:46:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jon Palmer writes:
   I was thinking about purchasing this from DYA as a christmas present to
myself. How is it? Its not really big but it looks nice and seems to contain
some nice elements. Also It appears to be the biggest Dragon Masters set.
The total price from france will be $73 and ship in 14 days.
   So what opinions of this set do you guys have?

   Also, how is DYA?

   Thanks in advance for all replies.

   Jon.
Luck to you!
I really enjoyed this Dragon Masters line.  The Fortress was a lot of fun as a
plaything, and as a model.  The cavern of the dragon does not seem to fit the
part of a fortress, but would you go in if it was home to a great dragon?  The
wizard's tower is not very visible in the catalog scans, but was MUCH better
than the witch's tower in the 6097 Bat Lord's tower.  I like the conical red
roof piece (needs another!) and the printed pieces for decoration.  The entry
to the fortress is barred by a large door and defended from above by a dragon
head that drops single stud bricks on invaders (pivots on a hinge).  I really
like the way it seems to rise out of a mountain and has a tree imbedded in the
side, I feel that it ties it somewhere between the Dark Forest and the Royal
Kingdom (or the Black Monarch if you prefer).  Majisto the wizard was one of
my favorite characters, and his Dragon Knights seem rather rough and
mystical.  They were the perfect match for LEGO fantasy and Medieval history.
I only wish I had more than just one of this set (or Majisto's Tower 1900
something).
Enjoy it!!!
Aaron>maniac@vol.com