 Castle / 9776
9775  |  9777
Subject:
Ikrosian Anniversary -or- Teaser for a new year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 06:08:44 GMT

Ich bin ein Lugnetter!

My friends, it was one year ago today that one timid boy made his first post to
lugnet.  I offer this to you:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=5144

Yes, one year ago today one timid boy first announced to his world that his
website existed, and one year later that same website has grown into a pretty
good site, I must say.

My friends, one year ago The Kingdom of Ikros website went online, and today,
it continues to grow.  And in honor of this anniversary, I would like to offer
a few things to all of you.

1.  I would like to offer my thanks to everyone who has spent just a little
time at my website.  Whether you thought it was time well spent or a waste of
cyber space matters not to me, just the fact that you gave me a chance is all
that I cared about.

2.  I would like to offer my thanks to all of you who nominated me for, and
voted for me, to the Cool Lego Website Of The Week.  I would also like to thank
everyone who voted for my entry to the LDraw.org Model of the Month contest.

3.  I apologize for not having an update ready for this occasion, however I do
offer a July Surprise that will be one to remember.  Actually I offer two July
Surprises, however one of those may end up being an August surprise =oP.  But I
could not let this occasion go without something.  Something that people could
look at and say 'Wow, I'd like to see what else he has in store.'

Well, my friends, what better way to do that then go with the thing that has
probably made me more famous than my website, my annoying teasers!  So here you
go, the Ikrosian Anniversary teaser:

The tables have been shifted for Ikros.  The very monarchy and way of life for
Ikros is losing its balance and is ready to fall.  There are traitors in the
good King Ulmerad's midst, and one man will stop at nothing to protect his
king.

Garalt now finds himself trapped in the middle of an all out war.  The forces
of Ikros fight ever onward against the onslaught of Ethelred's minions, while
the knights of Ulmerad search to flush out the threats from whithin.  A huge
mystical beast flys on wings of death, destroying all in her path.  New forces
and new factions come and go, fighting to take or keep what little they can
get.

Perhaps the answer lies in the lands distant to the west, can Garalt and his
small troop of friends obtain what they need to save the kingdom in time?

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/teaser/teaser1.html

What new and dangerous threats await them?  Will they survive the trials ahead?

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/teaser/teaser2.html

Our hero has a long road ahead of him, new dangers, new threats, new puns, new
characters, new friends, new enemies, and great battles.  May the light guide
your path, young Garalt.

--Anthony

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html