 Castle / 9746
9745  |  9747
Subject:
Harry Potter sets live up to the legend (IMHO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:00:29 GMT

Hey Guys!
When I saw the first post of the official HP sets my 11 year old sister and
I clicked on the link and hoped for the worst, she ( a humongous HP fan) and
I ( reader of all the books and somewhat large HP fan) had expected horribly
juniorized sets like (ugh) Jack Stone and Alpha Team, both shining examples
of how LEGO needs to fire it's current designers. What we found were some
great sets with parts that made me drool. Not only were there so many
elements which could transform my current lego kingdom into the magical
meltig pot it's supposed to be, but I also was excited that the sets were
true to the first book and resembled a close approximation of how I believed
the sets would look. Now, don't get me wrong, the carboard backdrops almost
made me cry with disappointment at my favorite toy company, but cloth roofs
and backdrops aside, the minifigs and new elements look great, and the sets
themselves show how LEGO is moving into the new milenium and answering the
clamor for fantasy in it's already overpopulated world. I am personally
planning to purchase every sets (and some copies to use as fodder for my
castles!) I also think that the surprises and value of these upcoming sets
sorely outweighs how ugly a painted (very un-lego) backdrop can be.
But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong! (doubt it ^_^ )
Catch you cats later!
-the Rascal King