 Castle / 971
Re: 2000 Castle - Royal Joust in Salem, NH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 00:26:25 GMT

--- Shiri <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Dropped by the Salem, NH TRU over lunch.  Only one • 2000 LEGO set: the Royal
Joust.  No
time to put it together, but some first impressions • from looking it over:

* I thought the king had a black beard from the • catalog pics.  Maybe there
are two kings, but the one in this set has a white • beard.  He looks very
stern.  I wonder how his face will look with a
Majisto beard?

White beard?!? Wow, cool! I could have an old, wise
king and a prince just
waiting to success him... The possibilities are
endless... :-)

* Speaking of catalog pics...I am won over.  After • looking at the catalog,
the knight in the big castle set *is* female. • That's no moustache.  It
looks like a different armor print than the knight • in the Royal Joust, too,
but that could be the angle, it's difficult to • tell.  My only fear now is
that someone goofed up the minifigs for the catalog • pic, and created a
female knight and a transvestite 'princess'.  If
not...woo!

This sounds better and better... (Too good to be
true? I hope not)

* The bad news: price.  99 pieces for $19.99 - • sigh.  The price of $90 I
heard quoted for the big castle set makes it look • like this theme is going
to be one of the more expensive ones,
price-per-piece-wise...

Damn... I'm back to baby-sitting if I want these...

Thanks for the info. These sound great.
When you finish building, could you maybe make some
pictures for us anxious
fans? If you don't have a site, please send them to
me...

TIA,
-Shiri

Same here, i would like to view the new castle if you
have a website

thanks
LeRoy