 Castle / 961
Re: 2000 Castle - Royal Joust in Salem, NH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:55:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston wrote:
* I thought the king had a black beard from the catalog pics.  Maybe there
are two kings, but the one in this set has a white beard.  He looks very
stern.  I wonder how his face will look with a Majisto beard?

Isn't the King's beard black and grey?  It's hard to describe, but there's a
definite two-tone aspect to it.  The upper part (above the jaws, I guess) is
gray (maybe white), with black vertical lines (not parallel, more like rays
projecting from a common center somewhere).  The lower part (I'm trying to
remember) is black, or maybe it's better described as a heavy shadow.

* Speaking of catalog pics...I am won over.  After looking at the catalog,
the knight in the big castle set *is* female.  That's no moustache.  It
looks like a different armor print than the knight in the Royal Joust, too,
but that could be the angle, it's difficult to tell.  My only fear now is
that someone goofed up the minifigs for the catalog pic, and created a
female knight and a transvestite 'princess'.  If not...woo!

Nope.  No mix-up on the part of the photographers.  The 6091 set box has close
ups of both the princess and the female knight.  Two different faces.  It will
be interesting to create explanations for the presence of the knight-ess. :)

Steve