 Castle / 9330 (+20)
  Crusader Fortress

Hey all, I know that this is not going to compare in any way with the "July Surprise" news, but in it's honor, I'd like to announce the completion of my Crusader Fortress. It is a small Crusader fortress located in the Judean Wilderness (Ein Gedi to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) the details I particularly like are: - Having the sacrament laid out on the altar (and the way the light shines through the stained glass window) - The look of the 1x1 rounds alternating with the 2x2 rounds in the columns - The picture with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Would you prefer yet another juniorized castle set? (...) No one forces those people to pay those prices. And the whole point of the Legends line is now we don't have to. (...) Ok. Personally I'm more disgusted by those AFOLs that ask people (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) Frank (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

Why in the world would you refer to me as a god when you are so darn good at this stuff, I'll never know. Anyway, a sandstone castle was a worthy project, and you did a great job with it. I'd probably turn the tower/chapel around so that the stained (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) colors are quite a contrast to their surroundings! I love the trees. Detailing on this whole face is really nice- (URL) like this 'double flag' trick. what type of pole is that? is it two light saber rods? (URL) type of Lion Head columns, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) I'm having trouble coming up with ww ideas right now, i figured I should start building and see what comes (...) That scala bread really comes in handy! (...) I was hoping to get a Date palm tree look, not a Coconut palm. building like this (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

[warning, non-Castlehead posting] (...) I agree. This was the best Castle set LD could have released as a Legend. Its price point makes it attainable to all LEGO buyers and it was ranked highest on Lugnet. (...) At the risk of this sounding like a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) <snip> (...) authentic, to my eyes, and the lack of variety in the parts gives it a very spartan, holy-place-in-the-desert feel to it. But what really blew me away was this picture: (URL) scene. I've got new wallpaper, now. Thanks, James (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) You, Frank, Shiri, Pawel, and some others have quietly been "tutoring" me with your creations and ideas for about a year and a half. I've built lego all my life, but until I found lugnet, I built all the same stuff over and over. When Making (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

(...) the research glider. in white, It is also the cavalry flag pole in the WW sets (...) Thanks Suz, considering the source, This type of compliment is especially gratifying. I love your Rhine Barge, and a long time ago, I "borrowed" your women (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

It's too bad no one reads posts anymore, they just reply for the sake of replying. Maybe I should return your favor Jimmy and just reply without reading what you've written. (...) by (...) wanted (...) sell (...) things (...) say (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Obviously you have already mastered this style. (top posted too, how.... inconsiderate) <MASSIVE SNIPPAGE TO FOLLOW> the previous players, (...) This 'Dinky little set' is something I wish I'd known about in the times before my dark ages. I (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) little (...) cannot (...) on (...) to (...) this? (...) good (...) many (...) Yes, it might be good for parts, terrible for sales. You may not be aware, but for a company, having a product line go into thrift shops in such a large quantity is (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

I for one appreciate Anthony’s comments. Even though I too am among the countless who are enamored at its arrival. We write in a medium that presents itself as an open forum. Therefore, it is to be expected that some opinion will differ from the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I'm glad that Jimmy said exactly what I was thinking. It seems to me that no matter what LEGO does, everyone complains anyway. Also, it would seem to me that Jimmy did read your post considering that almost your entire post was contained in (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

Very nice, Jon. You have done a fine job of capturing that desert oasis feel. Your pictures seem sunny and warm. I really like the opening shot through the palm trees. Nice work. This is tempting me to try some Egyptian ruins style building. Ashley (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) this? (...) Sigh... No one reads posts anymore. Since you didn't read it, I'll explain. The re-releasing of non-castle sets is unfair, since Castle has been beaten down so much. I complain about the Guarded Inn coming back because unlike John (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Lugnet has a problem

Lugnet has a problem. No one can have their own opinion if it differs from everyone elses. If they do, they are attacked. Read the posts that were in reply to my own, stating my discontent with the re-release of the Castle set the Guarded Inn. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) That's a very good point, Anthony. And the only way TLC will triumph over collector's is to re-release a lot of stuff they are not now producing. Perhaps it's in the works. Who knows...? If they produced enough quantity of the rarer elements (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact