 Castle / 8230
    Re: Harry Potter? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Robert Asprin before Pratchett, and De Camp/Pratt (oooooo, Pratchett, what a rip-off) before Asprin. (...) Yes, but Dick doesn't relate to Castles. :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Harry Potter? —Dave Schuler
     (...) Au, contraire! "Man in the High Castle" won him the Hugo in the early 60's (though admittedly it was a different kind of castle...) Dave! (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Harry Potter? —Dave Schuler
   (...) I haven't read De Camp or Pratt, but I've read half a dozen books by Aspirin, and I'm not sure a meaningful lineage can be cited. One might also bring up the egotist (excuse me, of course I mean "writer") Piers Anthony as an equal source of (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)