 Castle / 7812
7811  |  7813
Subject:
More sticker fun :^)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:40:18 GMT

My memory kept telling me that someone in the past had talked about
getting stickers done for castle minifigs, and it was Doyle Nelson
(after a bit of digging thru old posts). I sent him a email and he
graciously replied so I quoted that for people to consider.

THe following is from Doyle, a man ahead of his time( well a little
bit anyways).

Hello Mike,

Yes, the stickers turned out great and shield and horse stickers too.
They
are cut and wont rub off. the cost was $230 per 1000 but would be less
with
the more you get if 10,000 might $1,800 you never know?

Its the only effect way to go by cost or otherwise. I put stickers on
front
and back and made my own emblem, I cant scan a picture right now but
later I
will. I'll try to comment at the forum about this, until then if you
could
kinda post for me with the info I gave you, it should help. p.s. it
was one
cost since they use a gerber(?) cutter.

(the funky formatting is from the cut and paste, the odd order of the
answers is from the order I asked the questions in :^)

So, I am not sure of the size of his sticker sheets but am assuming
its around the standard 8.5x11 or so.  It sounds like they didn't use
a 'fixed' die cutter but instead have some sort of variable shaped one
if I am interpreting things right.  He also did this a little while
back so costs would probably be a higher, but maybe not.  I had asked
a question about cutting dies thinking that if there was a template
and dies made already it might be cheaper to use those, but that
doesn't really sound like the case here.  Since he said that was going
to try and post perhaps he will be gracious enough again to answer
questions.  He seems to have gone into quiet or lurker type mode as he
hasn't made a post in a number of months that I could find.

Thanks Doyle for the answers so far and hopefully for a few more in
the future.

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)