 Castle / 7607
On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:56:19 GMT

Here's a question to all you people out there who have regular access to good
shopping areas.  Have you seen King Leo's Castle <set:6091> lately?

Here (Lafayette, IN) the shopping options are limited but not nonexistant (2
Kmarts, 2 Wal-Marts, 1 Ames, 1 Kohls, 1 KB Toys, 1 TRU, 1 Target), but I have
not seen a King Leo's Castle since before Christmas (not that there were that
many in the stores then).  Area stores have, as far as I can tell, done there
clearances and restocked with LoM, new Star Wars, etc.

Moreover, when I check the on-line stores for King Leo's Castle, I find:

not listed:
eToys
Walmart.com
Target.com
Scheffel's Toys
Bluelight.com

out of stock:
Zainy Brainy
Amazon
Ace Toys
La Toys
JC Penny

available(?):
Toy Safari (inventory is not real-time)
FAO Schwarz
shop.lego.com
The Bay

What I am forced to wonder is:  has Lego cancelled King Leo's Castle?  Now,
personally, I don't care for the set, but without a flagship product, the
Knight's Kingdom would be not long for this world (particularly given the lack
of "sets with buildings" in the current lineup).  And if the Knight's Kingdom
crashes and burns, TLC will not be friendly toward future Castle lines.

Anyone want to reassure me?  Can anyone confirm or deny absence of the set in
the brick-and-mortar market?

Thanks,
TWS Garrison