 Castle / 6892
6891  |  6893
Subject:
Chrome Shields Paint Removal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:08:36 GMT

I did it.  I took some Q-tips & paint thinner, and was able to rub that
annoying white circle off my chrome shields, and it looks excellent!  The
white around the Bull's head will come off while leaving the head itself.
You can also remove all of the black printing too, but I wouldn't recommend
it because A) IMHO it doesn't look that great, it loses depth or something
without having some printing on it. It might be good for a magic shield or
for fighting Medusa or something, though.  And B) it's very tricky to get
the Bull's head as well as the white printing off because the
double-printing there requires almost too much rubbing in one area, which,
if you're not REALLY careful, will rub through the chrome (I have one shield
to attest to that).

If you're feeling daring, give it a try, only BE GENTLE, and don't rush it.
With the white patch gone, it looks really cool!

Kevin