 Castle / 6706
Re: What do Castleheads expect to chase in 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:48:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
Now I have seen the new catalog scans, I think I may be doing mostly bulk
and direct item purchases.  Plus a little stock up work on the 2000 Castle
factions.  Question is really, what of the 2001 looks like good Castle
fodder.  I like the Alpha Team 6776 baseplate and red tent-toppers!  Mars is
good, but may be clearance and % off sale only.  Everything else, well MABEY
a Star Wars set or two (or three), is kinda off my focus.  What say the rest
of you?

I say that Star Wars is still good parts for Castle.  This year the best
one was probably the MTT, with all those lovely plates, brown & grey.
For 2001 I think the best one will likely be the Imperial Shuttle.  Lots
of grey bricks & plates (and I can certainly think of uses even for those
huge slopes), plus the minifigs would be easily adapted to Castle-era
stuff. (I could use some plain red capes m'self, and the helmet could
easily be a tourney-style knight's helm.)