 Castle / 6500
Re: MOC weapons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:04:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
I for one would like to make a two handed weapon like a Klingon Batleth out • of
black ABS.

Batleths are cool.

I would like to see a lego batleth.

Rick

The test mold will have interchangeable cores and cavities, so it looks like
after I design the first couple of core/cavity combos for other parts, I can
go on to this part.  Once I get the mold base designed with an ejector plate
that can be reconfigured for different knockout positions on different parts,
it should be easy to slap in the part design.  The key is to keep the part as
simple as possible since nice contours along the plane of the blade would
require some expensive machinining.  So the Batleth would have to have a
pretty flat profile, unlike the battle axes (the latter of which are ideal).
I need a wall thickness to gate into that is at about 60 thousanths of an inch.
I could design a tab to gate into.

Trev