 Castle / 61
Re: Rock Raiders plates for us castle builders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Gowell writes:
Has anyone who is an avid castle builder taken a look at the Rock Raiders
bases. Seems to me you could dramatically change the tone of a castle by
throwing it on the grey baseplate versus the greens from the past few years.
The green bases from the adventurers have given different layouts, but it
looked to me like the new plate is similar to the largest plate from the
Royal Knights line. From those (if any) who have seen the sets, how different
are these new baseplates?

The baseplate looks like it would work well for a castle roughly the size of
6090 (Royal Knight's Castle)... the only thing you'd need is to design a
functional entryway... probably the best way to do that would be to make your
own ramp/drawbridge that was meant to angle down towards the ground... or
perhaps have a stepped pedistal that connects to the the lowered drawbridge
somewhere off the baseplate.  Or you could also use the middle valley as the
entryway, and have steps leading up to the rest of the castle....

One idea might also be to make the little valley into a dungeon.... In the rock
raiders set there's a big brick that connects the opposing ledges over the
valley (it's something like a 10x20 brick, don't remember the dimentions
offhand).. you could use that as a roof, (being that it's dark grey it would
fit in color-wise) and make a little dungeon underneath-- chained people,
remains of skeletons, snakes, etc. Might look cool.

Anyway, some thoughts...

DaveE