 Castle / 5987
Re: Horse Bardings & Shield Designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:29:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dan Moquin writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I was curious as to how many different horse bardings (blanket thingie that
goes over the horse) there are.  I have seven different ones and wondered if
there are any more.  What I got:

Red/white Royal Knights w/Lion Head
Blue/"gold" Knights Knigdom w/Lion Head
Maroon/grey Fright Knights
Black/blue/gold Ninja
Red/Yellow w/lion rampant (sorry, long time since I studied heraldry)
Red/blue Black Knight w/Dragon
Blue/black Black Knight w/Dragon

Yes, That's all of them!!

I don't know if I should be happy that I got 'em all or disappointed that
there aren't more.  It looks to me like the red/white royal knights one and
maybe the red/yellow with lion rampant will be the most difficult to get more
of.  I have so many Fright Knights ones that I'm thinking of spray painting
them and customizing them.

While I'm at it - and this afterthought is gonna be worse than the original
topic - how about a listing of all shield designs for heater (little
triangular) and kite (big and more rounded) shields?  The trash can • lids/round
rumpled shields never seem to have had a design...?

Bruce

I'll take a stab at it; ones listed in parentheses are from non-castle sets

Heater Shields;
White cross Red Background (375)
Yellow and Black Chevron (375)
Gold Crown Red Background (375)
3 Gold leaves Blue Background (375)
Red and Blue Check (383)
Red and Yellow Check (383)
Red/Silver Triangle Blue Edge (377)

I don't have a single one of these very early shields, but on the other hand,
they are the absolute easiest to do myself.

Forestmen
Yellow Lion Blue Background
Blue Lion Yellow Background
Blue Dragon
Falcon w/ Red Border

Do you know where the red-bordered one occurs?  I only have Falcon shields
with blue borders, which you don't mention.

Falcon w/ Yellow Border
Wolfpack
Royal Knight's Happy Lion
Fright Knight
New Knights Kingdom

Kite Shields;
Blue Dragon
Green Dragon
Royal Knight's Happy Lion
Fright Knights
New Bull

And now the Silvered Bull, at least in Europe for the moment.

(Native American - Horse)
(Native American - Buffalo)
(Star Wars - Gungan)

Trash Can Shields;
Dark Grey
(Trans-Red)

No crossed-axes ones?  Dang.  Though, to be honest, most of the primary
colored yellow/red/blue shields I find to be on the hideous side.   I find
myself wishing there was a non-rippled round shield.  Ah well.  Thanks for the
listing!

Bruce