 Castle / 4435 (+5)
  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) Actually, I really like how the (grey) crossbow looks with a (brown) quiver... it has a certain realistic-look to it, methinks. Opinionatedly, DBR (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

"David Eaton" wrote... (...) symetry (...) right (...) There is a reason for the 'randomness' and asymmetry of the castles and fortresses in places where they've been build for war. I made a quick page to illustrate the thing since I'm not familiar (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) The X symbol is venerable and could appear any number of places. I'm in agreement that Knight's Kingdom most closely represents France ("The whole known world" pretty much describes the mediaeval Frankish/French view, IMHO); just as Dark (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) Another reason: lack of timber. Much of the timber was cut down in Europe by medieval times. (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) Personal choice. AFAIK, there's no particular historical precident. In fact, most of the archers I know use a hip quiver. I *think* it's a convenience/mobility choice - at the hip is more convenient, but gets in the way. James (URL) getting (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact