 Castle / 4405 (+5)
  No more steel in jolly old England

What's up with the Knight's Kingdom line. They have a LOT of weapons included in each set, but one thing is missing: swords! Not the big silver ones, the small grey ones. This simple weapon has been around since Castle's beginnings, but you rarely (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) <snip> (...) Actually, it's my belief that the KK sets are France to the RK's England. Britain and France have always had close ties, with many British kings (for example) holding land in France. Both nations had lions as important parts of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) included (...) Actually, I think they're more of a take on British soldiers. Ever seen Braveheart? Even though it's just a movie, it depicts the English VERY closely to King Leo's Soldiers, especially the helmets and lion emblems. But that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

(...) The British naval officers wore blue coats. The British Marines wore red. Of course, you can make 'em whatever you want - I use 'em all as British or French and British as fancy takes me. Bruce (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Insights from a trip to France...

Ok, I just got back from France, where (of course) I saw a few actual historic castles. I have to say I've never really seen them before, since I've only ever really been in North America, where we lack the abundance of Mideaval architecture that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact