 Castle / 3988
Re: [MOC] Royal Quarters for my WIP castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:00:26 GMT

Great job, Mike!

Now I'm wondering; do the soldiers sleep on the floor? Sleeping bags and all?
<grin, duck, run>

Serously tho', really nice. I love the exterior design, the turrets are cool.
Can't be long with compliments (gotta go) but you have them all! :-)

-Shiri

In lugnet.castle, Michael Ulring writes:
Here are some pics of the almost finished product.  I've got 99% of the
exterior done and most of the interior design completed.  I'll be adding more
interior detail like furniture, some tiled flooring and of course occupants.
The last two pics reveal a couple other new creations, a new tower at the
left rear corner of the Royal Quarters, and a couple new shops in front of the
church to the right of the Royal Quarters.
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010009.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010010.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010011.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010012.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010013.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010015.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010016.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010017.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010018.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010019.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010020.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010021.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010022.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/mcu/lego/castle/p1010023.jpg

At this point I probably have space and ideas for 2-3 more structures withing
hte castle walls - those are next on the to-do list.  I've also got to • populate
the castle with more minifigs.

Next on the agenda is the exterior, with the drawbridge landing and gatehouse
coming first, then the moat and landscaping around the castle.  Hopefully a
modest waterfall and forested area too.

My one dilemma is exterior buildings, etc.  After seeing some of the peasant
houses done by others, I'd like to try my hand at a small village.  Problem is
I lack space to do it (darn castle is too big).  I'd also like to have some
sort of seaport which would also take a fair bit of square footage.  I
guess I'll just have to build it all and rotate what is displayed next to the
castle.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics.

-Mike Ulring