 Castle / 3851
Re: Adding height to minifigs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Christopher Lindsey writes:
What's the best way to add height to minifigs?

I have a figure (mentioned earlier, all black with a transparent red
head, cloak, and silver sword) who needs to stand about a foot taller
than everyone else (he's the incarnation of justice).

Anyhow, I've tried putting a 1x2 in between the legs and body, but that
looked silly.  Then I tried putting 1x1 plates on the bottom of his feet
(which sort of worked), but they're too wide.  I could shave them down
in the middle so they're as wide as the minifig feet are, but I'm sure
I'm not the first person to run into this and thought I'd try to work
off of your experiences.

My best luck has been with the 1x2 grille tiles; I carved out the center
piece and put it over the legs, which works for the most part (I need
to shave it down a bit).  Unfortunately, I don't have a black grille,
so my imposing black figure now has a red cumberbund...  :)

Any better ideas?

Better idea? hmmmm..probably not...but a suggestion or two...

I am still exprimenting w/ this problem myself...I tried a accessory
solution...namely using combinations of epaulets, capes, backpacks and armor
to raise the level of the head vs other figs, capped off w/ an old style
black flaired helm or bullet helm....

I have been adding 1x3 plates to the holes on the back of the fig legs and
using matching 1x1 bricks or cones on the exposed stud...have't found a
design I love w/ this method....I further lengthened legs by using a 1x4
plate w/ 1x2 slopes and plates to simulate large boots...I was trying a
satyr/minotaur thing at the time....ended up looking like Gene Simmons w/
really short arms...

a further disadvantage is a slight stoop when standing upright (in addition
to door and ceiing clearance issues indoors)

just a thought, I am still pondering better ways...