 Castle / 3775 (+20)
  Re: [MOC] Desert Outpost of the Dragon Clans

What a fantastic creation. :) great idea, it has so much character. I love it! -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-gray castles or "What I did with all the bulk bricks"

(...) Snow is real pretty when its new. It can be fun for snowball fights and tobogganing. Other than that, and as a source of moisture for the fields in the spring, most people find it to be a nuisance. It's *very* ugly in the late stages of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle Pictures Posted

I finally posted a couple pictures of the castle/keep that I built for the NELUG window display at The Construction Site. (Yes, that's a grey 48x48 baseplate that it's built on.) (URL) no interior yet, but the window display is still well over a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Non-gray castles or "What I did with all the bulk bricks"

(...) (pulls an old, worn 1st edition DMG from the bookshelf in his office) I quote... Machicolation: This is a stone projection which moves the battlement out over the outer face of the wall. It has spaces in the stone flooring which allow missiles (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Tre chic(1)! That's really nice. I love the blue coloring and the back window... the design is cool. I also like the creative photo, with the mirror to show the back... Great Job! -Shiri (1) Or however you say that... french is not my strong (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Thanks for the kind words! I must admit that I only used the blue because I didn't have enough white. And I only used the white because I didn't have enough grey. But I re-worked the upper floors a couple times trying to avoid that "I ran out (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Yes, the mirror was rather ingenious. Good job Chris! Keep it up! -Chris (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  (canceled)

  Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

I've been thinking a bit about those Wolfpack and Forestmen (1). First of all, I think the reason they are so sought after and viewed as "cool" by many castleers (aside from being hard-to-get :) is their rag-tag and slightly disorganized (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) Right on, Shiri! I'd have to agree with just about everything. The one thing that's different in my world is that the WP and Forestmen Coexist, each being thieves. The Forestmen have kind of a Robin Hood-esque(?) appeal to them; the whole (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  [CW] Franklin's characters for CastleWorld updated

I've added "History" sections and I've added additional characters. "(URL) let me know what you think. Thanks, Franklin Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com | (URL) | (URL) OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES IS _STRICTLY_ (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) Well I'm glad we agree! (...) You're right, I couldn't avoid that feeling too. But in my realm it's the WP who are Robin-Hoodish... I really don't want to wreck my story but my WP generally go against the royalty. (...) LOL! ..."other various (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) and (...) Sounds cool when can we here more? That sounds pretty cool how you compare those two factions, but what about the bulls? In my "lego world" I used The Bulls and The Wolfpack together as a Mercenary Guild who sell their services to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) Ah, foo. I forgot about the Bulls. In my world, they are the "real" bad guys. None of the other factions like them or deal with them. They're just a "keep to themselves except when the want more land or moolah" type of minifigs. Also, like the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) Shouldn't that be Moo-lah? =] Just milking another bad joke from the udder-ly silly Bull faction. Now I'll be hoofin' it out of here. Tony (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Lots to like. Innovative use of color, crisp photos, nice architecture, and I like the use of a mirror to show us more in one shot, although the mirror in the back works better than the mirror underneath the base place. I hope lots of pictures (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) I think that any bull kingdom should use the official currency of moolah. It doesn't sound like anyone is actually going to be giving them a kingdom. I know that I'm not. But that would be a good name for their coins. Timbo (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) Sounds like a plan, man. BTW, if I ever get enough bricks, I might consider doing some sort of volcano-ish fiery fortress to house the Bulls. Just a thought. -Chris (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) Cheez, I'm havin' a cow! I calf stand this anymore... My Bull section is udder-ly unimportant. I have four of 'em and prefer to ignore them. I might use the torsos that came w/o the emblem but the others can stay in storage for now. The faces (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen and Wolfpack... thoughts

(...) <snip> (...) In my personal "LEGO Castle" history (separate from my CastleWorld stuff) the (Dark) Forestmen were led by a Baron outlawed by the Royal King. (Not the real Royal King, though - his magical doppelganger.) He found out about the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact