 Castle / 3317
Re: More Japanese Castle pics and op art
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 05:40:53 GMT

Sounds extremely cool, but where are the pics?

-Shiri

In lugnet.castle, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
New picture include the casback1.jpg and the casnew1.jpg and casnew2.jpg
Decided those were worth posting.  However on the op art matter ...

The pictures casop1.jpg, casop2.jpg and casop3.jpg were taken this weekend
as an exercise in Lego Optical Art photography.  As I was taking the castle
apart for documentation I realised that views from the top and bottom and
some levels created some interesting patterns in symmetry.

Not sure if other people do this but I document my work by using digital
pictures.  Start with the finished product i.e. full castle then take
small pieces off that you know how to construct or for later documentation.
Then keep repeating the process of taking pictures of smaller and smaller
items until there are very few left.  Look at the pictures in reverse
order of taking them apart and you have a complete documentation of how
to put a castle together without the headaches of counting pieces.  Then
keep the pictures in a separate subdirectory and burn off to CD-R later.

Also work has begun in earnest on a Kumamoto style 5 tier donjon connected to
a 3 tier donjon japanese castle.  Hope to contribute some pics in the weeks
ahead.