 Castle / 2920 (+20)
  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

When I used to work at LEGO Imagination Center and I need to explain the interlocking process, I would encourage the kids to "cover the lines." This was easier than explaining the concept from a finished product standpoint and made an easy rule they (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Here's (...) Yep, chickens they are! They're kinda tough to see... I don't think we took pictures of the chickens up close-- we mostly focused on the town's streets :( I can't wait to see what we've got when this display goes up-- it has (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Here's (...) :) I know you guys got a bunch more "eye level" shots than I did-- can't wait to see some of these... (...) Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like it-- I have a feeling I'm going to love the final result! (...) I like the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) built, (...) way you've got it, with the walled town idea will work better than trying to capture the feel of a castle (and still having enough room for other things!). James (URL) I'm going to shamelessly steal that portcullis mechanism. :) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Very nice, Kung-Khoon! Your castle reminds me quite a bit of Odowara castle. See my pictures of the real structure at: (URL) Makes we want to start working on my Japanese Castles again. It's been a while since I've done any building on them. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is everybody? (again)

(...) Yeah, I know... but how come it happened to everyone at the same time? (...) Well, ya see, we get two weeks for x-mas, then an x-tra week in Feb. (X-cept for x-ternal reasons, x marks the spot. :) -Shiri (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) I'm sorry to have missed the gathering. Your pictures look fantastic! Don't forget, Crispin said we can drape cloth over glass cubes to achieve levels of various heights. I might have some ratty burlap around here -- looks a bit like earth. I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

Hi Eric, I'm glad your family appreciates your hobbies at last. On the same note, my sister (22) is visiting me know from Israel. She is NL too, and although she knows I'm all into lego, she was surprised to see how my collection grew in the past 6 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes: (please note, followups changed to .off-topic.debate!) (...) Wow, I didn't think the US was that bad...what makes Israel so much better? J (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: One thing I will say for eBay...

(D'oh! Forgot to correct the newsgroup!) (...) a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) I agree, they look great. LMK when the real thing is put up, I don't want to miss it! Although I can't officially attend NELUG, I hope you won't mind if I just happen to drop by TCS while you're there and check it out... :-) (...) That would (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) That is quite all right I am trying to attend to most meetings I can and build as much as I can because in another 6 to 7 months my LEGO time is going to diminish greatly (another cleverly disguised hint). I will have more pictures up tonight (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) (I'll be 18 on Saturday) Most of the people I know who know about my LEGO obsession don't make a big deal about it, but then again, they already think I'm strange (I'm not a US citizen, and I don't have a TV. Actually, most people find it (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics from the weekend!

(...) Woo! Congrats! I hope everything goes perfectly for all of you. (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) As for links I found the best way to get to the links is go to the search engine (URL) then search for "japanese castles" And pay attention to the links which end in .jp. Those are the best. Lots of pics from pro and amateur photographers from (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  More TCS Dry Run Pictures

Hey all, Just thought you might want to see some more pictures from the NELUG Castle display Dry run. Dave Eaton posted the first pics and there is a link on this page. There is also a pic where you can kind of make out the chickens (Somebody asked (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) Well -- I'm 18 and open about my Lego addiction. And yes, I think about all of the above mentioned topics as well :) I get a mixed response, some think its weird, some think its kinda cool I'm so involved in an international community like (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

Gary Istok wrote: <snip> (...) Actually it's still a little bit different for me. All of the parents, relatives and in-laws amaze when they see nice official models and MOCs but they still think Lego is a toy, and I'm just a strange 29 years old (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)

(...) I tell people its modelmaking without the glue or paint. Allan J Smith -- My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact