 Castle / 21587
21586  |  21588
Subject:
Add on to BeLUG Castle Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:58:57 GMT

Hi,

I’ve also posted some examples of the versatility of this standard on my brickshelf:

greets,

Didier

In lugnet.castle, Didier Deses wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve recently come to build some castle MOCs. Together with a few other members of the Belgian LUG we wanted to create a standard in such a way that anyone can participate in a castle layout.

I know the CCC standard, but found that it works well for larger castle city layouts with people having lots of castle themed pieces. But for just a small layout for the lesser bricked people it gets to difficult to use ...

So we worked out the following standard to make small castle layouts.

The Belug Castle Standard

The following rules apply:

1) The module must be build on a 16x16 baseplate.

2) A Technic connector brick is centered on the sides of the baseplate, at the base of the wall.

3) The wall stands at 6 studs from the outer border and 9 from the inner border

4) The heigt is given by 6 bricks a plate and two bricks.

5) The top platform of the wall is 4 large at the connecting ends and extends 1 stud from the wall on the outer side.

6) For any further details see the pictures in this folder

Remarks:

1) What you build between the connecting ends is up to you as is de decoration of the in- and outside.

2) The colors you use are free to chose but it’s nice if everything fits well, so a little concertation between builders might be a good idea.

3) This standard was made by some members of the Belgian LUG. It is intended to use for making small additional castle layouts where everyone can join and bring a module. It is not a replacement of the CCC standard for building large classic castle city layouts.

It should provide for smaller castle layouts, BeLUG plans to use it to create smaller castle layouts besides their bigger (city/train) ones. Everybody is invited to join or create their own ...

Dont hesitate to let us know your comments ...

Didier Deses